Sunday, January 23, 2011

What was old is new again

I almost cried last night. 

There I was standing in my closet facing my old favourite pair of jeans.  I think most women have "that" pair.. the pair you paid too much money for and somewhere between maternity jeans and giving in to buying a bigger size they made it to the back of the closet, somehow always eluding the donation bin with each purge in hopes they would once again fit.

Mine are a pair of Seven jeans that I bought after my daughter was born but before I found out I was pregnant with my son.  They were my favourite, going out, make my butt look great jeans. 

I have often over the past 4 years tried them on and then when not being able to get them up over my thighs immediately removed them in disgust and slumped into a deep depression proceeded by chocolate covered anythings...

Back to last night.. standing in my closet eyeing up my Seven jeans and having the thought of... if they don't fit I will be crushed.. but if they do.. My Ass will look fantastic tonight..

I eased them up closing my eyes in case the sausage casing effect reflected poorly in the mirror... there was no stopping at the lower thigh, not at the mid thigh and they didn't even stop at my booty.  They just went up. No laying down required to zip them up either. MY FAVOURITE JEANS FIT!!!

Now I am not saying that I didn't get a muffin top, and that they were super comfortable after cheese, wine and a liter of water at the end of the evening.. but I wore them with pride and I felt fanfreakintastic.

As for my romantic night out with my hubby we had a great time, we went to Raw Canvas in Yaletown.  Super cool place, for dinner we had tasting platters that consist of 3 cheeses and/or meats and 3 sides, onions, almonds, spreads, etc.. accompanied with baguette.   I chose 3 AWESOME cheeses, almonds, cranberry sage spread and these delicious onions... and had 2 excellent glasses of wine.    After we ate we went to the Painting Pit.  You purchase a canvas from them and they supply all the paints, and set you up to make art.  It was SO FUN!!!  We got to hang out, be goofy, creative and not make food our focus.  We had an excellent time at Raw Canvas and are really happy we went there.  If your looking for something different and fun, I highly recommend it.

Today was back to the gym and hitting the water. 



Here is my meal planner for this week:  Things do change day by day, but this is the plan:
Weekly Meal Planner
Jan 24 - 28 2011
BreakfastSnack 1LunchSnack 2DinnerSnack 3
MondayLow Fat YogurtOrange, carrot sticks with hummous2 hard boiled eggs, one with yolk one with out, 1 tbs half fat mayo, celery stalk, green onion, tomato, 6 whole wheat crackers, turkey pepperoni & low fat cheese100 cal Thinsation package of something, apple & lite peanut butter Chicken breast (bl sl), New potatoes, broccoli steamed, side salad100 cal microwave popcorn, orange  Aprox daily calorie total: 1230
Tuesday2 slices Turkey Bacon, 2 eggs, sliced tomatocelery & carrot sticks with hummousChicken Ceasar salad (Low fat dressing), OrangeApple with Light Peanut ButterSalmon, Asparagus, Rice, green beans, red pepperOrange,  Thinsations 100 cal bag of something - Aprox daily calorie total: 1245
WednesdayOld fashioned plain Oatmeal with strawberries and blueberries, low fat yogurtOrange2 Turkey pepperoni sticks, 1 hard boiled egg, celery sticks, carrot sticks, tomato, cucumber, 6 whole wheat crackers, apple100 cal Thinsation package of something, homemade baked chicken strips, home made yam & potato french fries (baked)low fat yogurt with frozen berries, Aprox daily calories: 1150
ThursdayLow Fat Yogurt with 1/2 cup granolacelery, carrots, cucumber, tomato slices with hummousSoup, grilled cheese sandwhichOrangeWhole wheat burrito's with lean ground turkey, lettuce, tomato, salsa, fat free sour cream, low fat cheese (1 wrap & second as a salad only)100 cal microwave popcorn, orange Aprox Daily calorie intake: 1250
FridayLow Fat Yogurt with   granolaOrange, carrot sticks with hummous2 hard boiled eggs, one with yolk one with out, 1 tbs half fat mayo, celery stalk, green onion, tomato, on a whole wheat tortilla wrapApple with Light Peanut ButterChicken & rice with mushroom soup casserole, side saladOrange,  Thinsations 100 cal bag of something Aprox daily calorie intake: 1340

No comments:

Post a Comment