Saturday, April 23, 2011

I appologize..

It seems my last few posts have done nothing for the boredom of a diet.. Looking at the pictures I think I was torturing myself.  I am at the point of my diet that I start to miss variety.  Chicken or salmon & vegetables..fruit & yogurt... that's it.


I have been trying to come up new and inventive way to eat the same stuff,   here are a few things I have made while sticking to the diet:

Frozen Yogurt
I took yogurt, and frozen berries and blended together and whala! I had frozen yogurt.. It was really good and tasted sinful.

Delicious!

Chicken Caesar Salad
  Grilled chicken
Romaine lettuce
Fat free salad dressing
1 piece turkey bacon (fat soaked off in paper towel afterwards)

Turkey Meatballs
Lean ground turkey
1 egg
mustard
salt & pepper
onion
tomato

Mix together in a bowl, make little meat balls & bake at 350 for 15-20 min.. or saute in pam on stove top.  Easy & quick protein

Baked salmon
Salmon fillet
rock /sea salt
pepper
lemon
garlic

Coat the salmon with salt, pepper, garlic and then squeeze lemon over top. Bake for 20-30 min depending on size and the squeeze fresh lemon on top after coming out of the oven.. My daughter devours this..

Baked Veggies
Assorted veggies,  I like green beans, whole mushrooms, peppers, cherry tomatoes, zucchini, Italian onions, garlic

Cube zucchini,  cut peppers into strips put everything in a casserole dish, drizzle with olive oil, salt & pepper or sweet pepper flakes, bake at 305-400 for 10-15 min, veggies are still crunchy and full of flavour..




1 comment:

  1. Those are some great ideas!! thanks for sharing them with me :) Can't wait to try that frozen yogurt! Happy Easter

    ReplyDelete