Sunday, February 6, 2011

STRESS.. what is it good for..

OK,  so stress and I are NOT friends.  I repeat NOT friends.  Stress either brings out the.. "oh shit I forgot to eat's" in me.. or the.. "I don't give a fuck just feed me" eats.....

I have tried really hard to stay on track, but here I am going into week 4 of the challenge and I am no longer where I would like to be. Mentally that is.

In other words... I was NOT.. I repeat NOT good this past weekend.  Chinese, McDonald's (although I went for the better options on the menu - as if that's a real thing at McDonald's.. seriously Aly think about it...) red wine, and some delicious dark chocolate.. with sea salt...YUMMMmm... 

Anyway... what to do.. what to do.. Do I take the pressure of the weight loss off myself so I can have one less stress in the coming weeks or do I go easier on myself and forge in a forward direction..   

I didn't make it to the gym on Friday (I have a good excuse as there was a TV crew here filming me) and Sat & Sun I had free labour here helping me get ready.  However no matter what my excuses are .. they are just that.. I could have plugged in the wii, or gone for even a 10 min walk. But I didn't...

So the answer I am going with is..  Forge forward.  Tomorrow morning after taking the kids to pre-school, I will be going to the gym.  I will get my big butt on the scale and I will allow myself to get slapped silly by my Madame beotch the scale and if there is any goodness left in the world I will not have gained all 7.2 lbs I had left on the curbside back...

Tomorrow I start again.. Back to the logging food, back to the gym, drinking water, eating veggies and fruit, and back to being kind to myself.

In stress I forget to be kind to myself.  Tomorrow I be kind to myself but putting my body first, for a couple hours at least..

1 comment: